Mercy High School Farmington Hills, Michigan
Mercy High School, a Catholic college preparatory school immersed in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, educates and inspires young women of diverse backgrounds to lead and serve with compassion.
365体育备用网站A Mercy High School education is rooted in the Catholic faith and the charism of the Sisters of Mercy. Our school welcomes and nurtures diverse young women, following the example of Venerable Catherine McAuley, Founder of the Sisters. In order to engender life-long discovery, Mercy High School strives to exemplify an innovative learning community with committed educators and engaged students who seek and share knowledge and wisdom. Our students, graduates, and other members of this Mercy family aspire to live out their relationship with God as they:
- recognize their own unique gifts and talents, and appreciate those of others.
- seek personal, academic and professional excellence.
- give voice to and exemplify their ideals.
- pursue compassionate justice through action.
Our cherished community is sustained and advanced by the active support of all members and friends.
365体育备用网站We believe that the Gospel and the Mercy Values of Human Dignity, Justice, Service, Option for the Poor and Mercy are at the heart of everything we do.
We believe our Catholic faith and the examples of Venerable Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy provide the strong foundation upon which we build our work.
We believe that a spirit of hospitality is essential.
Our ongoing success depends on a strong commitment to these operational values:
- Academic Excellence - We value quality teaching and learning within an active learning community.
- Collaboration - We value partnerships among individuals and groups within and outside the Mercy community which support our success as individuals and as an organization.
- Diversity - We value and celebrate people of varied cultural, ethnic, faith, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Innovation - We value creativity, problem-solving, divergent thinking, continuous improvement, and entrepreneurship.
- Integrity - We value acting in an honorable, moral, and peaceable manner in all circumstances.
- Leadership - We value actively seeking solutions to school, local, and worldwide problems.
- Respect - We value each individual, regardless of differences, because we are all children of God.
- Sustainability - We value acting as good stewards of our financial, physical, and environmental resources.
Five Mercy Values
The Sisters of Mercy, sponsors of Mercy High School, identify the following five values as characterizing their ministries: Human Dignity; Mercy; Justice; Service; Option for the Poor. These values inspire and challenge all at Mercy High School in the daily living of our spirit.
365体育备用网站The Mercy tradition began in 1945 when the opened Our Lady of Mercy High School at Outer Drive and Southfield Roads in Detroit. In 1965, Mercy High School moved to a larger facility at the northeast corner of 11 Mile and Middlebelt Roads in Farmington Hills. Throughout its 72 years as an exemplary high school, over 15,000 students have graduated from Mercy.
include an enriched curriculum that enables 99% of Mercy graduates to attend colleges or universities. The student body is made up of young women from over 70 metropolitan Detroit communities. This broad, inclusive base provides Mercy with a rich, multi-ethnic constituency from diverse, socio-economic backgrounds. The common thread among staff, students and parents is a commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity and the integration of Mercy Values into daily life.
MERCY EDUCATION SYSTEM OF THE AMERICAS: MISSION
365体育备用网站The Mercy Education System of the Americas (MESA) is rooted in the Gospel, through the Catholic faith and the Mercy charism. Inspired by Catherine McAuley, MESA nurtures highly competent and deeply compassionate leaders ready to serve a vulnerable world.